Requests have come in asking for the seven guidelines from the U.S. Department of Education that we’ve decided to make them available to you online so you can easily print and distribute the information.
Seven Guidelines for Religious Freedom
1) Students may pray, talk about their faith and read their Bibles in school.
2) Students can organize prayer or Bible groups with fellow students and announce their meetings.
3) Students can express their faith in their class work and homework.
4) Teachers and school administrative personnel can organize prayer groups with their colleagues.
5) Students may go off campus for Bible studies during school hours, if approved in advance.
6) Students can express their faith at school events.
7) Students can express their faith at graduation ceremonies.
We encourage you to print these guidelines and share them with as many people as possible.
Here are three great places to start:
1) Contact your local school board to make sure they are aware of these guidelines.
2) Contact the parent/teacher organization at your child’s school and share this information with them.
3) Make sure your pastor is aware of these guidelines, too.
Please feel free to download Seven Guidelines For Religious Freedom In America’s Schools and print this to share with those who may be interested or need to know.